Rabindrasadan Girls’ College Library
The central library of this college was started at 1962. The collection of textbooks and reference books in the library as on 31/03/2019 is 19423. The library provides various information resources to the students in the form of books, journals, magazines, question papers, newspapers, syllabus, maps etc. This library has a special collection of works by ‘kabiguru’ R.N Tagore. Open access is provided to the students so that they can select the books required by them. A special collection of books under book bank and remedial courses are provided to the (SC/ST) and minority students. The library has facilities of internet browsing, printing and Xerox facility for the teachers and students of this college.
For the better access of the library resources by the students ,the database creation of books using library automation software SOUL 2.0 is going on and up to 30/04/2019, 3000 books have been entered and bar-coded. A digital library is created using ESHELF software funded by RUSA, that provides books, previous year question papers and syllabus in digital format to the students. Under the NList programme, (INFLIBNET an Autonomous Inter-University Centre of UGC) full text E-books and E- journals are provided to the all the teaching/ non-teaching staff and Enrolled students of this College.
Library has a regular subscription of 9 print journals and provides the back volumes of 15 journals. Library subscribes 4 newspapers namely Dainik Jugasankha, Anandabazar patrika, Times of India and The Assam Tribune.
- 1. Dr. Sangita Das Talukdar, Librarian
- 2. Shri Dhan Bahadur Chetri, Library Bearer
- 3. Sri Sushovan Das, Library Assistant
- Books are borrowed as per rules framed by the library committee from time to time.
- Borrowers pay fine for any damage or loss of book or delay in returning the book.
- Student will have to return the book that they have borrowed and get their library clearance before filling up of final examination form.