The central library of this college was started at 1962. The collection of books in the library as on 31/12/2017 18492. The library provides various information resources to the students in the form of books, journals, magazines, question papers, newspapers, syllabus etc. This library has a special collection of works by ‘kabiguru’ R.N Tagore. Open access is provided to the students so that they can select the books required by them. A special collection of books under book bank and remedial courses are provided to the (SC/ST) and minority students. The library also provides electronic resources under N-LIST programme of UGC. The library provides facilities of internet browsing, printing and Xerox facility to the teachers and students of this college.
Many more services will be provided in the coming days as the library is developing a digital library using ESHELF software.
The library has a regular subscription of 12 print journals and provides the back volumes of 15 journals. Under the NList programme full text E- journals from Economic and Political Weekly, Indian Journals ,JSTOR, Oxford University Press etc and E-Books from Cambridge Books Online, Ebrary, Taylor Francis Books, World eBook library, South Asia Archive etc can be accessed at the library.
The library subscribes 4 newspapers namely Dainik Jugasankha, Anandabazar patrika, Times of India and The Assam Tribune.
- 1. Dr. Sangita Das Talukdar, Librarian
- 2. Shri Dhan Bahadur Chetri, Library Bearer
- 3. Sri Sushovan Das, Library Assistant
- Books are borrowed as per rules framed by the library committee from time to time.
- Borrowers pay fine for any damage or loss of book or delay in returning the book.
- Student will have to return the book that they have borrowed and get their library clearance before filling up of final examination form.